Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This date last year... what a surprise!

I remember waking up around 3:45 and feeling SOOOO hungry. I rubbed my big belly and told Izzy to please go back to sleep and I promise that I will get up and eat in a bit. She was really kicking and moving around. Then I turned to lay on my other side and I felt something very strange! I was worried that I had wet the bed... I had NO idea how I was going to wake Don and tell him. I then rolled over to get up and realized that my water had broke. Don jumped up and said, "I didn't take a shower yesterday!" I told him to hurry and take one (Thank goodness I took a shower before bed). Don made sure that I was standing on a towel. The funny thing was a few months before this Don had mentioned that maybe we should get some plastic to sleep on in case this happened... I told him that it wouldn't happen that way, boy was I wrong.

He went to the closet to get the bag to take with everything we needed... Ha, it wasn't there. He yelled from the closet.. "Where is the bag?" I told him that I unpacked it. OOOPS.

On the way to the hospital I kept telling him to hurry, then slow down, then hurry. Poor guy, he was very patient with me. When we got there Don insisted that he push me in a wheelchair. What a crazy ride. We were getting in the elevator and he dropped the bag and then the door shut on me cause he left me sitting half in and half out! We were just laughing so hard by the time we made it upstairs. The lady working at the front desk was an elderly woman, very nice. She was so worried about getting us enough stickers for the Grandma's and Grandpa's and had to look for more. During all of this I was leaving a very nice puddle!

The grandparents all arrived and hung out for a very LONG day. To make a long story short... Izzy did not come today. They started medicine to help around 9:00 pm, she was a very stubborn little girl!






Here we are trying to pass the time!
We were getting tired and doing anything to make us laugh!


They finally gave me something to eat. Get this... they brought me this food and told me not to eat it all... Hello... I had not eaten all day! This was all that I left and that almost killed me to leave that much!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Izzy!

don said...

Happy Birthday IZZY!!!!!! This is your Grandpa Sailing....so excited for your 1st birthday!!!! I'm hoping you have 99 more!!!! I celebrated your birthday this morning at the Dentist....had to have a tooth pulled!!! As I sat very unhappily in that dentist's chair, I thought of you on your BIG DAY.....and you cheered me up, Izzy girl!!!!!! You always cheer everybody up!!!!!

Kerry said...

Happy Number 1 Izzy!!! You're such a cutie!

Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Izzy!!!