Monday, August 18, 2008

On this date last year ...

This was a much better day!

Right before bed, Don asked me if I would be interested in going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast... of course I would!

I was up around 4:00 am and I kept myself calm and quiet until around 5:00 am. Then I started to make some noise trying all I could to get Don to wake up so that we could go. Finally, I just woke him up and said that I was ready to go!! We got to Cracker Barrel around 6:00 that morning. Poor Don... he didn't get a shower cause I was so HUNGRY. I didn't shower either... gross huh?

Well, we pigged out and had a great time. We were about the only ones there and the waitress was so nice and so interested in us... she knew everything by the time we left. We both had Mama's French Toast. Anyway, one of the ladies mentioned eating something spicy ( I had heard that before).

When we got home, I had an urge to clean everything in sight. I started with our closet and also unpacked the "bag" that we were going to take to the hospital. I figured that I had awhile before I needed it and I might need the stuff inside the next few days.

By the time I was done cleaning it was time to eat again. We had to go to Johnson's and get something for the yard and we laughed when we saw that they were selling fresh roasted chili peppers. We talked about it and decided to buy a bag and make nachos. That sounded good and very healthy for us. I shared with the lady that was helping us what my plan was... she just laughed. Off we went to the store to pick up everything we needed to make some yummy and SPICY nachos.....

The nachos were WONDERFUL and very SPICY. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out and watching Three's Company. I love Three's Company and have all seasons on DVD... just thought I would share that!

*Don had Cracker Barrel for lunch today, and I am fixing nachos for dinner... I even went by Johnson's and bought the peppers*
*Also, Izzy had her 12 month shots today, she was very good... well, until the second shot! She is much happier now that we are home and she is playing with her toys!*

1 comment:

Laura said...

I think that it is adorable that you are remembering last year by eating nachos again. Kids really enrich your life don't they?
Laura