Monday, August 11, 2008

Cat Day

Last night we were so tired and ready to go to bed, but Izzy had other plans. After trying, I gave in and put her in bed with us. I had a plan. I would let her sleep for an hour or so then take her to her room very softly. That is exactly what I did. However, when I laid her in her crib there was a big WAAAAAGH! She was awake and not sleeping there. I gave up and put her in bed with us and she was out.... so much for that plan. A friend brought me a couple of books... guess I better start reading! We all slept until about 8 this morning so that made it OK. She has always been such a good sleeper.. we were just spoiled!

Today, we had to take the cats to get their shots. We dread this day because Zoey has such a hard time. We always give her a tranquilizer to calm her before going. Today, I didn't want to do that because I do believe that she is a changed cat since Izzy has come along. I only gave her half a pill and believe it or not... she didn't bite one person. She even let the Dr. examine her. I don't think she has EVER had that kind of checkup! Abbey is always good but she was pretty upset today. I was proud of my girls... they did great.

Thanks to Grandpa Sailing for coming over and watching Izzy while Donnie and I took the girls in. Also, he put Izzy down for a nap and she slept for THREE hours in her own bed. I know who I am calling tonight when she doesn't sleep!



It's OK Abbey, you will feel better tomorrow!


Zoey, are you OK? I don't like shots either!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Donnie and Shelley,
Izzy could not be cuter...I love the Chiefs cheerleader outfit. We have tons of pictures of Savannah in hers. Keep in mind, Savannah and I would love to take Izzy to the park or babysit anytime. Just let us know....
She's a cutie..
Gina

Veronica Murray said...

Maddie says hi and Awwww poor kittens. We think that Izzy is doing a good job taking care of them.