Friday, September 12, 2008

Rain, Rain, you made our day...?

Yesterday, two of my good friends from Colorado came to visit. I have known Donna and David for almost 10 years! They own a 5th wheel and travel a lot. I was so excited when they said that they were coming to Wichita. They had been here once before, and they said that it was raining then also. That was before I lived here! Anyway, we had a great dinner with them at Granite City and caught up on things!

This morning they floated on over to our house. We had planned last night to have breakfast at The Egg Crate on Tyler. When they got here we discussed it and decided that we could make it. Don said that if it were too bad we would "turn around, and not drown!" If you have never had breakfast at The Egg Crate, I highly suggest it... it was great!

My parents braved the high waters and headed down from Abilene. They said that it wasn't that bad and I had a feeling nothing would keep them from coming down today. My mom is a HUGE candle person and she was in need of a trip to Yankee Candle. Izzy went down for a nap and we looked outside and checked the radar and she lucked out cause it cleared just long enough for a quick trip Yankee. We had to go the long way around cause they had 29th closed, but she was determined to make it, and we did.

I had been cooking spaghetti and meatballs in the crock pot since 7 this morning... we all ate so much that we could not hold our eyes open. Izzy enjoyed it more than any of us! We could not believe how much she ate. Almost every bite was followed with, "mmmmmmm!"

We really enjoyed watching the rain come down... it was so great having everyone over! It was a perfect day!



Donna, Izzy and David



Donna, David, Ma and Papa



Abbey, Papa, Ma and Izzy
Looking at the full lake...



Just acting silly!



Our lake was so full! You couldn't even see the rocks!



This is good!!!

2 comments:

Veronica Murray said...

Izzy looks so pretty in her dress, BTW now that I see a photo, I remember. Your mom's outfit is cute too, Maddie says its veeeeery pretty. I hope your lake stays where it is, WOW! Thanks for the words of encouragement. Have a good night, love you.

Hillary said...

Wow! Donna looks amazing.. David still looks the same... He has a great smile. It sure looks like you all had a great visit.