Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend at Ma and Papa's

Izzy spent the weekend with her Ma and Papa and Grandma Betty in Abilene. Hearing all of the stories, Izzy not only ate well but she had a blast! I am sure that she had no rules and never heard the word "NO!"

When Don and I picked her up on Sunday, she just kind of looked at us and kept playing. I don't think she missed us one bit! We missed her and could not stop talking about her while we were gone.

Don and I went to St. Joseph, MO for two days. I had a couple of free nights at the Stoney Creek Inn, from when I was in training with American Family. It was strange going back to that hotel where I lived for 8 weeks.

I LOVE the catfish at Hoof and Horn in St. Joe... however, after driving to the Hoof and Horn we found out that it had burned down. I had been dying for catfish and was so upset. We did find out that there is a Hoof and Horn in Atchison, Ks. So, on Saturday we decided that we would go to Atchison and do some ghost hunting and eat at the Hoof and Horn. We didn't see any ghost, but we did hear a lot of stories.... and we spent the WHOLE day there. We were able to see the whole town and drove by many of the haunted places. Thanks for taking me Don!!!



Izzy and Papa before we left..
She wasn't upset then either!



Overlooking the Missouri River... We crossed
that bridge to get into Atchison...



This is an OLD bridge. I was very nervous to cross it.



We went to Jackson Park. We decided to go for a walk and we went off the path... knowing the story about this park, I should have stayed on the path, but it was day time...
We were at the bottom of this hill and Don freaked me out... I was running back to the car!



Because all of the Haunted tours were sold out...
this was the only house we were able to buy tickets for.
This home is named the McInteer Villa.



The Old Hoof and Horn
. We sat at a table over
looking the Missouri River. I did visit the restroom,
did not see any ghosts.... thankfully!!



Don thinks that people are so gullible when it comes
to Ghosts... especially his wife!



MMMMM... I love this catfish!



My beautiful Isabelle Ann...
I am glad to be home with her!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. I'm not really in to ghosts either.

Don't worry about Izzy. Our kids have days that they would rather live at Grandma and Grandpa's. I know that they are spoiling them rotten!