Tuesday, December 23, 2008



I

Great-Grandma Maxine and Isabelle


Late last night my Grandma and Izzy's Great-Grandma Maxine passed away. She had been fighting lung cancer for a very long time.

I am so thankful that Don, Izzy and I took a trip out to see her in July. It was a quick trip but we had a great time. I will always remember that trip. It was wonderful to spend that time with Grandma and to show off my Isabelle to her. Isabelle really loved her Grandma. She would follow her everywhere she went, and when she would go take a nap, Izzy would cry and cry by her door. Izzy also walked for the first time during that visit.

She was an amazing woman. She could always hike faster and further than any of us kids... she worked hard and took care of so many people.... we will miss her and we will remember her forever.


2 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your grandmother. Please know that I'm thinking of you and your family.

Kim said...

I'm sorry to hear the news about your grandmother passing. If we can do anything for you, please let us know. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.