Monday, July 28, 2008

Time to start blogging

Well, I guess it is time for us to join the blogging world. I can not promise that our blog will be very interesting or the grammar will be perfect... especially when it comes to, to and too! But, I can promise pictures of Izzy and all of the crazy things that she is teaching us.

I thought that my first post should let you know who we are and how we became a family... so here it goes!

I was living in Abilene, KS and going to Insurance school in St. Joseph, MO. I made three really good friends that I know will remain in my life forever! One weekend we had only one day to come home so Jamie Goodwin *one of those great friends* and I decided that we would stay up there and as we were driving back to St. Joe from a day on shopping at the Plaza, she had an idea that would change my life forever. She picked up her phone and called a girl named Jodi Glunt and asked her if her brother was still single? She said that she had met someone that would be perfect for him. I just laughed! Yeah right....

After one email, and a few nights of talking on the phone... this man named Don Sailing was on his way to Abilene for lunch. If any of you have been to Abilene, there is not that much to do and the one thing that Don requested that we not do was the Eisenhower museum... so the only thing left was bowling and that is exactly what we did! We went and had a very awkward lunch, and I then mentioned bowling and he agreed. We bowled a few games, then during our last game Don turned and kicked my foot and the flirting started. He then stayed and watched the Super bowl and we went to dinner then we watched Desperate Housewives, and Grey's Anatomy and I believe he finally left my house around midnight.

Was I in love? Believe it or not... I WAS! To make a long story short.... We met Feb. 5th, engaged March 10th and married October 7th and yes.... found out about Izzy December 9th.

Thank you Jamie and Jodi! Perfect match!

Thanks Heather for the idea of the blog.... this should be fun!
Yes, it took me two days to get my first post done but with the help of Jodi and my husband... I am now ready to start! Hopefully, I will get Dizzy from Izzy looking as cool as others!


Don's family


My family


Our favorite picture


Isabelle going home


Our Izzy today!

9 comments:

Jodi said...

Love it love it love it. That last picture of Izzy is just precious. I'm so glad that Jamie called me that day (and that we talked about getting our brothers hitched instead of working.)

DJ Flsbrg said...

What a WONDERFUL IDEA! You can keep in touch with Andy, Veronica and your folks too. Guess I need to check into this as my kids are spread all over the midwest.
God Bless and you have a great family and a DARLING little girl.

don said...

My name is Don Sailing too! I'm Don's dad....Izzy's Grandpa Sailing. I love the "Dizzy from Izzy" blog title. I've been dizzy from Izzy, for sure. She's a fireball...never a dull moment...she's amazing. Even more amazing is Izzy's Mom, Shelley...who is an amazing Mom. I couldn't be prouder of my Son and Shelley and Izzy. I'll never miss a day of checking to see what's on the blog!

Kim said...

I cannot wait to get dizzy from Izzy! We totally enjoy all of the pictures that Jodi passes our way, but this way we can see what that sweet pea is up to a bit more often. Love the wedding pictures!
The Snyder Six Pack

Hillary said...

Okay... I love it! I remember calling you for our weekly "Grey's phone call" and Don was still there... Long Lunch :) I will never forget that phone call you made to me after Don left that night.. You were so excited! I was so happy for you... WE were so happy for both of you.

I miss you all so much already and can't wait to see you next month. The "Dizzy from Izzy" blog will make it go by so much faster. You should post one of the pictures of the three of you that we took.... LY

Laura said...

We love your new blog! We even started blogging today. We'll enjoy learning to blog together.
Julia (Izzy's cousin Olivia's cousin)

Kerry said...

Yeah Shelley! I'm excited you're blogging! Izzy is so entertaining!

Veronica Murray said...

We are copying you and starting onb vbv bv one too! Oh, if you didn't understand the the middle of that sentence, Moo says hey!

DJ Flsbrg said...

How are you all doing? How is the big move going for Andy and Veronica. Just got back from seeing Annabella and Angela.Javier'. Some neat pictures..they are having a birthday party on the 20th of September and I am maybe going to go camping this weekend with them. Annabella is just about walking so Grandma got her some new Nike tennis shoes and socks for a better balance. and the weather will probably get cold sooner than we all like. djf