Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Remembering Grandma Betty



There are so many memories that keep coming to mind as I sit here thinking of grandma tonight. I am still having a hard time believing that she is gone. It just doesn't seem possible. Grandma Betty has just always been there. I know that the next time we are in Abilene it is going to feel very strange! Thank you for all of the times you bailed me out of my speeding ticket fines and all of the great memories that you gave to me! You will be missed so much! Here are a few pictures that I was able to find tonight.. there are so many more and I am very thankful to have them.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Shelley, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandma. Losing a loved one is always tough. I love the picture of Grandma Betty and Izzy kissing. You'll be grateful everyday that they were able to meet. I sure wish my kids could have known my Grandma Katie.

Veronica Murray said...

Shelley, I wish I could be there for you. I hope your friends and family in Wichita are giving you the hugs and the care I wish I was there to give. You always go the extra mile for everyone else, just like you were there for Grandma Betty and we are so thankful you could do that for her. It is a great comfort to Andy, especially.

Sometimes I think we forget, because you are so strong, that when bad things happen you can't always be the one to pick up the pieces for everyone and you just might need a little extra care. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I can't wait to see you guys and give Izzy the BIGGEST hug you can muster up for me.